Radiator fan failure

Hi:

I have a 01 Jetta 1.8t. The small fan spins but the big one does not. Can I assume that the big fan has failed and replace it or do I need to look deeper. Any help?

Thanks,

Don Shank

Reply to
Don Shank

Are they tied together with a belt?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Check your fuses on the battery tray. You should have voltage at that fan. If you don't have a test light or meter, carefully try tapping the motor of the fan with a small hammer of blunt object taking notice of any changes in operation.

Reply to
Madesio

Madesio, Thanks for your suggestion. Tapping the motor caused it to spin, but not with any real force. Now what do you think.

Thanks:

Reply to
Don Shank

bad motor with worn bushings maybe?