radio problems

Hello,

I have a ?97 Golf that I recently brought into the shop to replace the ignition coil. Ever since the repair my radio (Sony CDX - R3000) will only work when I turn the key slightly but it does not remain on when the car is running. I have replaced the fuse and still no difference. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to fix the problem?

Reply to
z-style

ign. switch, try a new one

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

are you sure they touched just the ignition coil? if they touched the ignition....i dont have a 97 golf but i know on other cars you can feed the radio with either a wire powered when ignition is on or a wire which is powered all the time so you can hear music without activating the coil (risk of overheating coil over prolonged use)

i heard of other radios which have a silent feature if you get a cell phone call. i dont know how they determine you got a call though let us know what it was

Reply to
beerismygas