Re: 87 GTI 16V Sick

in article snipped-for-privacy@innovative.iinet.net.au, Bernd Felsche at snipped-for-privacy@innovative.iinet.net.au wrote on 3/24/04 1:31 AM:

Wayne Faas writes: > >> My 87 GTI 16V runs fine until it is shut-off and started again. It >> sounds like it is missing and back-fires continuously. Once the >> engine cools off, it runs fine again. Mileage is +200K. > > Sounds like the thingy-whatsis needs a whack. > > Errmmm control pressure regulator? > -- > /"\ Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia > \ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus! > X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature > / \ and postings | to help me spread!

New development, the 87 GTI 16V ran rough with no power when started cold last week. Over the weekend, it was discovered that when running rough it can be shut off and when instantly started again, it runs fine. Shut it off, restart and it runs rough. Tach jumps to 5K when idling rough. Swapped ignition modules with no effect.

Wayne F.

Reply to
Wayne Faas