Re: 94 Golf GL Gauges

Sounds like a short in the electrical.

Reply to
HotRod

Nathan Lucas

would the dash voltage regulator be part of the instrument cluster? I?m not sure what a dodgy earth is. The warning lights work normally. The two instrument light bulbs appear to be burned out and I plan to replace them. The other insturment lights, radio etc. work fine and the back lights for the digital odometer and clock are working.

Reply to
jaime

When I had similar trouble with my Mk3 gauges display (tachometer 'kicking' and MFA misbehaving) I eventually removed the instrument panel from the car and partially dismantled it enough to view the printed circuit board (no unsoldering). I discovered some dirt/debris floating around the display and computer chips' pins - probably accumulated dust - vacuumed it all out, and reinstalled the whole 'shebbang'. Problems solved - it's been several years since I did the fix. Good luck

-Roy- (Surrey, England)

Reply to
Roy Hammond

A friends car did that. Was cheap sparkplug cables.

Reply to
Eduardo K.