Re: Another Eurovan Question

I'm going to install a trailer harness this weekend. I got the kind

> that supplies its own power, so I need to run a wire from the + > terminal of the battery to the back of the van. What's the best path > to run that wire? Any safe places? > Thanks again, > -Mike Walters >

The OEM taillamp harness runs under the right (passenger) side of the van. Follow that maybe?

There's also the stock 12V power outlet in the back cargo area. How about just tapping into that? That should have 12V all the time I think (not dependent on the ignition).

-Matt

Reply to
Matt B.

I got a harness that wired right up to the right side taillight, where all connections were located.

I have had this same type of set up on many other vehicles, and used it for boat trailers coming in and out of salt water, where chances of electrical failure are high, and never had an issue.

The other one may be safer, but not sure if it is essential, unless you are pulling something with significant power demands. It seems like it makes the connection process way more complex for a routine hookup of a trailer with just basic lighting.

Reply to
Tony Bad