Re: discount from msrp?

In my experience, there isn't much of a discount available on TDIs, because they are so popular....

How much of a discount off of MSRP can a guy realistically expect to get on > a Jetta TDI? I'm in Canada, if that makes much of a difference. > > Wyley
Reply to
Pete Cressman

I ordered a 2003 Jetta TDI last year. When the salesman was writing up the order I noticed that he was using MSRP. I told him that I would buy it on the net. He complained that the dealership only made a few hundred bucks (USD) on the sale. I had net stuff which showed that the dealer made $2K on the sale including the end of the year incentives (don't ask, I don't have them any more). I told him it was simple: I'd wanted $1,500 off the MSRP. We wound up at $1,000 off which I thought was fair.

Reply to
Tom R.

"Tom R." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Thanks for that. I think I'm going to pick out my vehicle, then visit a couple of dealerships to find out who wants my business more.

Cheers, Wyley

Reply to
Wyley Ingeus

If you are in the KW/Guelph area, stay away from Guelph Volkswagen...they are awful....nothing but bad luck with that dealer...the service sucks!

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

"Pete Cressman" wrote in news:i3jbc.4309$jVF.4130 @news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

Pete,

Thanks for the info. Fortunately, I will likely not be dealing with them; we're on the west side of the continent (Vancouver area).

What problems have you had?

Cheers, Wyley

Reply to
Wyley Ingeus

Very poor customer service...they screwed us on price when we bought our New Beetle GLX, they would not put stuff through under warranty that should be covered, they made me pay for an alloy wheel that was damaged from the factory....they are just a really crappy dealer. I have told all people that I know that are looking at a VW to go to another dealer, because Guelph Volkswagen stinks!

Volkswagen...they

Reply to
Pete Cressman