Re: Ran on 94 octane (from 87) now surge of momentary power at start then stutter

I know what you mean.

My Jetta flew on Premium fuel...it makes some sortof difference...

- Peter

Reply to
Peter Cressman

My Jetta ('90 Carat) tends to rumble ***a little*** when I floor it....me thinks that that is due to it being an automatic transmission...regardless, there is a noticeable difference on Premium fuel. I typically use Petro Canada fuel, as Esso fuel tends to have a very high water content, and the car runs poorly on Esso anyway...

- Peter

attempts....

Reply to
Peter Cressman

I don't know if this is relevant, I have a V5 Golf. I have to use Shell Optimax (98 octane). I was advised to use this since I had a lot of knocking noise coming from the engine. This seems to cure things and does give slightly better consumption. I have been told by a friend that races here that the petrol in UK is really bad quality and so the higher octane fuel seems to be better for a larger engine.

Regards,

Babu.

===== Original Message from "Peter Cressman" at

01/07/2003 04:09

Update Distribution Tel: +44 (0)20 8993 1010 Fax: +44 (0)20 8993 1018 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@updatedistribution.com

This e-mail and the information it contains are confidential and may be privileged. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us immediately. You should not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its content to any other person.

Reply to
Babu