Re: VW Passat Wiring HELP!!!

If it is indeed only temporary, you can probably hide it for the most part without taking off a lot of panels (thread it under the rug at the side of the floor, for example.

Also, if it is temporary, you might be able to simply run it underneath the car. There ought to be lots of ways to easily work the wire into the trunk space. I wouldn't recommend this as a permanent wiring approach, but it should work for you. They make wire with some pretty impressive insulation that ought to hold up under the car.

My 2000 is pre-wired for a changer / amp >I just wanted to if anyone has got an amp install in the boot, and how they

have run the cable from battery to boot, I cant see an easy way to run the >cable, as I dont want to remove many panels ( preferably none ) it is gonna >be a temporary install as the car will be for sale in a few months.I just >want to know what is the easiest route and would keep the cable hidden from >prying eyes. >The car is a 99 Passat. > >Thanks > >Yas >
Reply to
TL

Thanks alot for replying

I thought it was abit odd that it wasnt pre wired, but according to me mates it because me car is a 1.6se, and they dont hav it, all other model wwith larger engines have them.

I hadnt thought about running he wire underneath the car, I will give it some thought this weekend.

would i need to disconnect the head unit in order to fit the amp, as i dont have the security code, is there a way round this???

Reply to
Yassir Rashid

Thanks alot for replying as you were the only one to reply out of the three groups that i posted on.

I wiil be ringing the dealers, and looking into this further.

Thanks

Yas

Reply to
Yassir Rashid