Reccomended Service Manual

Can anyone recommend a good service manual for my Canadian 1994 VW Golf Turbo Diesel? I need head torque settings and such, plus more.

Reply to
HotRod

If you are getting one manual, get the Bentley. I have the Bentley for my '87 and was given the Hayne's as a gift later. The Hayne's ain't bad, but the Bentley is more comprehensive.

Reply to
Randolph

Do you have the Bentley paper manual or the CD's. What are the pro's and Con's of the CD's over the books?

Reply to
HotRod

I have the CD for my 2000 Beetle. The electrical circuit drawings on the CD are terrible. Having the appearance of a very low resolution fax. Add to this the fact that each family of circuit drawings is spread over several pages, troubleshooting by circuit tracing becomes a very cumbersome chore. Maybe it's a generational thing but I prefer the paper manual, even though the page corners eventually do get covered by dirty smudges and fingerprints.

Reply to
bmaty

This is the type of advice I'm looking for, Is it possible to print out the pages so that you can take them to the shop, get them really dirty and then just make new copies?

Reply to
HotRod

Yes, any page of any document that is on any CD can be printed out. At least I have never seen a CD that would block printing. However, I have a Bentley paper manual. I don't see how a CD would be any better, unless it also includes video clips showing you how to do something. Maybe it does.

Reply to
Papa

Yes, any page of any document that is on any CD can be printed out. At least I have never seen a CD that would block printing. However, I have a Bentley paper manual. I don't see how a CD would be any better, unless it also includes video clips showing you how to do something. Maybe it does.

Reply to
Papa

I'm just wondering if the CD has more detailed information and if you can possibly "Zoom" in for more detailed wiring etc. Also that ability to search using keyword makes some things easier to find.

Reply to
HotRod