Source for Keyless Entry Remote

1998 Jetta Wolfsburg - Any non dealer sources for the remote that might be a bit less expensive? If I have a matching FCC #, assume that any can be programmed to work with the car ??? Are there aftermarket units that maintain all of the functions of the stock unit, and can be properly programmed ?

Thanks - DS

Reply to
DFS

You can find them on eBay. Rgds alec

Reply to
Alec

My daughter has just lost her remote key for an '04 Jetta; can I really do better via ebay than the dealer? I am afraid to even ask what they will cost at a vw dealership.

George

Reply to
gsp8

Well, smart money would say, check what they cost through the dealership, then shop around to see what else is available.

Reply to
Biz

Anywhere is cheaper than dealer unless it's a warranty fix.

Example. Two replacement rear head restrainst for my 96 S6. Dealer cdn$1000 each. Ebay us$30 for the pair.

Tony

96 S6
Reply to
Tony