Part Number Request: 1996 Mustang GT: Keyless Entry Remote

Can someone with a 96 GT check the part number on the back of their Keyless Entry Remote for me? My father has lost the remotes to his GT and I'm trying to get him the correct ones for his car but I can't seem to find an exact part number. I found the Service Bulletin on how to program the remotes yourself but no part number. I've looked all over the place.

Any help confirming the correct part number would be greatly appreciated. Thank guys!

Reply to
Hucklebuck

Why not call a local ford dealership? or visit them?

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Flowmaster 40 Series mufflers (self-installed woohoo) Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors Aluminum adjustable clutch quadrant

Reply to
<memset

Here ya go, all the information that is on the remote: TRANSMITTER 1 FCC ID: GQ43VT4T DOC: 1470 K763 TRW INC 3165189

This number is the same on all four of my remotes. Two are from my 95 GT two from my 98 Cobra. The one you want will look like this:

However. On my 95 the remote had a raised Pony on the face of the remote, on the 98 it did not. The face was the only thing that changed. When I got the new remotes, I just changed the faces from one to the other so I could keep the Pony.

Hope this helps you :-)

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Thanks for the info. Now I am wondering if the FCC ID's are interchangeable. I'd like to get him the new style remote (with picture buttons). I seem to remember him having this remote when he bought the vehicle used from the dealer. I figured that the original owner never turned the original remotes in and the dealer just ordered new ones and programmed them to the vehicle.

Anyone know if the FCC IDs for the RKE fobs are interchangeable?

appreciated.

Reply to
Hucklebuck

My husband has the newer style on his 99 F250. They are diferent sizes.

I am not sure if they are interchangable, but here are my thoughts on the matter. Since they don't seem to be the same, I am betting that they are not. If it works, don't fix it. Since your dad is accustomed to that particular style it may be better to stick with what's familiar. Some of us that aren't kids any more may have difficulty when the car is the same but the buttons are not. You may waste money by purchasing something that you are not sure will work. Buy a spare.

Kate

| > This number is the same on all four of my remotes. Two are from my 95 GT | two | > from my 98 Cobra. | > The one you want will look like this: | >

| > However. On my 95 the remote had a raised Pony on the face of the remote, | on | > the 98 it did not. | > The face was the only thing that changed. When I got the new remotes, I | just | > changed the faces from one to the other so I could keep the Pony. | >

| > Hope this helps you :-) | >

| > Kate | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

make sure to check out e-bay. Remotes are TONS cheaper on there (new, exact same model) It might also state which model and year they are for. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein