speeding up

Hi Gang

I have a 2004 Golf TDI with 6400 km on the clock.

It has a standard transmission and sometimes in second gear in town when I go to turn a corner and apply the brakes it seems to speed up. This does not happen all the time.

Has anyone run into this problem?

Thanks to all who reply

Reply to
John Begin

Are you just feeling the heady torque of dieseldom?

Depress the clutch as you apply the brakes. Problem gone !

Reply to
GravyCat

If you let the revs get too low the engine control unit will goose the throttle a little to keep the engine from stalling. I'll agree that this can be disconcerting but don't really think of it as a problem...

Reply to
Model Citizen