Puttering problem...

I have a ?90 Honda civic that is standard transmission. Whenver the car is sitting idle, it makes a type of puttering and feels like its giong to turn off. Sometimes when I put it in gear, the accelerator does not catch for about a second and then it does. During this second, it feels like its about to turn off. What is the problem here?

Reply to
nairda913

Hi, Are you saure all 4 plugs are firing proper? If it is bad ign. wire or such you may see it with hood open in the dark. Will see sparks flying around.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Could be you just need to run a can of injector cleaner through it. Topping up the coolant reservoir will often correct idle problems as well because the computer depends on a high enough coolant level to check the temp, and then is sets the timing and mixture.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_