VW golf faults

Help I have a vw golf and i can only open 1 door and the boot, the central locking goes but dosen't unlock 3 doors if anybody no's the solution or how to open the doors please let me no thank Martyn

Reply to
martyn.law

You have major vacuum leak(s) with your central locking system maybe. Try to unlock the door and listen for leaks. Leaks can be in the doors, near the door hinges, at the floor, in the "boot" or trunk area, or even at the pump. Not sure what year Golf you have so your pump can be anywhere in the trunk.

Can you manually pull up the door lock knobs? If you can and the doors still will not open then you might have problems with the door locks/latches.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
hopey