Timing marks- Automatic trans.

I checked the Bentley's and they only show the timing marks for a standard trans. Where do I aim the timing light on an automatic transmission? Car is a 1990 Jetta, 1.8L with auto.

TIA Zig

Reply to
Ziggy

Bob Hetzel

Maybe YOUR flywheel has a reference point, but, mine only has the timing point on the flywheel and nothing(like a pointer or arrow) to reference it to like most other cars.

Reply to
Ziggy