toureg headlight problem

(1) I have a 2005 v8 toureg w/nav system. Today when I got out of the car to fill-up, shut the driver's door, I heard an odd metalic "clink" (for lack of a better description). When I got back in the car, a warning came on saying to check headlights.... got home and sure enough, the driver's side headlight was out.... no dim, no bright. (passenger side was working normally) When I started the car again, to take it to get it replaced, the warning light was no-longer on... I got out, checked and the light was now working again. Has anyone else noticed this behavior?

(2) I've noticed that although my toureg has what appear to be two sets of HID headlights on each side, only one light (on each side) seems to do anything (works as either bright or dim). Is the other just a fake (for looks) or is this a problem.

Thanks

Reply to
frank

With HID's it's normal to have a 'dummy" light which doesn't light. As for your headlamp issue... that's for your dealer to figure out as it could be many things which cause the problem. You may want to suggest to your dealer to check for battery cable voltage drop test per the TSB.

regards

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck