Transmission pan bolt torque 01 Jetta Automatic

Hi, I know I've stripped one hole on the tranny housing that holds the 4 bolts for the transmision pan. Looks like I can drill through to the other side, use a longer bolt and nut.

Does anyone know the torque required to tighten these 4 bolts? I have a Bentley and a Haynes and neither says. I'd rather not do this again.

Thanks for any help,

Dermott

Reply to
diarmud

Helicoil repair that hole

Sometimes the original metal will weaken with age and may not hold the proper torque specs. :-(

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

6 foot lbs.
Reply to
Madesio

Thank you, I know I went way over 6 ft-lbs! Thanks again, Dermott

Reply to
diarmud