Road Atlanta fun

I got to do some laps at Road Atalanta last night. I have watched a number of races but this was the first time I got to be on the track. My best lap of nine was a 6:08.

Reply to
Jim Behning

Jim, please clarify, not sure what lap of nine is, and 6:08 is confusing because it is a 2.54 mile course, Thanks

Reply to
Joseph Gliebe

What were you driving? Got the video! I know you had someone tape you! :-)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Nine laps. One warm up lap after the Panoz school got off the track. Then 8 hot laps at full throttle. My best time was 6:08. One calculator suggests I was putting out 300 watts of power when I had some faster laps.

Jim Behning

Reply to
Jim Behning
6:06.122 Best Tm 24.582 Best Spd (Mph) Ya did good Jim! ;-)
Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

It was fun. Did I mention a few hours later while pacing another race I was in a Subaru wagon with Pablo? Pablo used to race for the Porsche factory team in a 935. He could not resist doing a bit of speed on the back turns. That was fun even if we could only go 70 instead of the

195 he used to drive the 935. Holy crud 195? When you ride the course at 15-40 mph >6:06.122 Best Tm
Reply to
Jim Behning

I went the speed limit (slow) driving the PCH back in '87. My friend said to go faster and there were people passing me some of the time. This was my first time on this road, it was nighttime without a moon, you could drive over the edge, and the workers had removed the center reflector markers. You have to know the turns to do this fast in the dark. Nope I went slow and am still here today! lol

I can see 120-140mph on a straight road but not 195 on a race course. Maybe it has something to do with age or wisdom!

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1