Trunk light problem 99 vw passat

Anyone else experience trunk light problem in Passats. I have a 1999, and the trunk light stopped working - i replaced the bulb, the socket that holds the bulb, and tested the wire for juice (it does have it), but still no trunk light.

Help ... I can't see the dead bodies in the trunk without that light!!!!

k.

Reply to
Kim

I don't know about your passat, but the trunk light in my '88 Cabbie is wired so that it will not come on unless the headlights or parking lights are on. That's the way VW designed it, and really makes no sense to me.

Reply to
Papa

Mine's out too, but not doing anything until spring! That said, check the wiring going up to the trunk latch.

Reply to
Lost In Space/Woodchuck

There is a micro-switch in the trunk lid, that's may be broken.

Reply to
totalstranger

There is a micro-switch under the cover of the trunk lid that may be broken. That's what was wrong with my 98.

Reply to
totalstranger