turn signal fuse just keeps on blowingŠ

my turn signal fuse on my 1987 keeps blowing ?

For awhile the radio was wired to this 10 amp fuse so the theory was it was a short in the radio and we connected the radio to the rear window defroster. This is not the best set up for the radio I know but the fuse blows after a few days with the radio on it or not we now know?

Any theories? Just why would a turn signal fuse work for awhile and then blow? The green dash light just stays on when this happens?We tried a 15 amp fuse and it blew as well after a few days

Is there a "by the book" procedure I could try before I pay my local VW dealership a small fortune to diagnose this ?

ANY help or insight would of course be welcomed?

thanks for your consideration?

Michael

Reply to
mkl

thanks for the advice Iam going to start paying attention to these things now ?and report back ?hasnt happened for a few days ?fingers crossed?

Michael

Reply to
mkl

The radio should be wired to the radio fuse. Connecting it to other fuses is just asking for trouble (i.e., blown fuses, shorts, etc.).

Steve

"Fasten your seatbelts; it's going to be a bumpy night!"--Bette Davis in "All About Eve"

Reply to
Oeberon