Vanogan Starting problem

My 84 Vanogan just recently developed an electrical problem. Sometimes when I turn the key the starter will not crank. Battery is fine. All other dash indication are normal. ? Think it is the ignition switch or is there some other relay in the system that could cause the problem ?

Reply to
John Pitchford

It could be the ignition switch. But I would take the van out of gear and set the hand brake. then crawl underneath and jump the larger and small terminals on the started. That wll test the starter. I don't think there is another relay involved beside the one on top of the starter it's slf (i's called a solenoid but is a relay). People do add a relay to these vans to get more current to the solenoid as it takes a fair amount of juice to energize it.

Jo Bo

Reply to
Jo Bo