VW Customer care

I'm sure there are many positive experiences out there when Customer Care stepped in and helped with some out-of-warranty repair - but NOT in my case. I am disappointed in their lack of seeing the big picture. I had BOTH radiator cooling fans go out.. one I might understand, but BOTH!!.. something is wrong there (Oh,this is a 2000 Jetta VR6) - called them after the dealer wanted >$1000 for replacement. No help. I ordered the fans (about $200) and replaced myself.. Just recently, when the window regulators when (front window falls into the door), while it was being fixes, the dealer noted the Break Light switch was faulty and should be replaced.. for about $95. This has to be a 10 min job max for them.. While at the dealer they pulled all records and noticed the switch was replaced just over a year ago.. 'already replaced once?'... is there something wrong with this switch?... the dealer could not replace for free.. called Customer Care again, "nope, no help".. here's the big picture... I could understand 1 fan going out.. but not both. I can understand 1 break light switch being replaced, but not a 2nd one. For the cost of a $9 part (break light switch) it's cost VW ANY NEW business from me.. I will not buy another VW based on this. I like the cars, but if VW is not going to stand behind the cars a little better, no more business from me.

I really believe now that service centers make up 1/2 the profit of a dealership (sorry Woodchuck).. and I'd argue that this should not be the case. Build in Quality, don't stick it to us on the repairs.

So, what other consumer product does this? I don't know.. I only know if VW would have replaced the break light switch, I'd of walked away with a positive impression, not a negative one.

sc

Reply to
Scott C

Sorry for your tale of woe. Just remember the marketing slogan, "VW - - - Suckers Wanted"

Signed, Another unhappy VW owner

Reply to
Bob F.

whiners..

Reply to
Pete Cressman

they don't build things like they used to. eg: i've had the same mop for 25 years now. in that time, i've only had to replace the head four times, and the handle five times.

Reply to
damo in oz

I can find numerous examples of the same tale of woe on a Ford, Toyota, Honda, BMW, etc. group. So what is your point? You have a bad experience with a one service department and therefore declare that VW is the WORST car company. I have gone to the same VW dealer for cars and sevice for the last

16 years and have gotten nothing but A++ service. Before our VWs, my wife and I owned a Mazda and a Honda and got lousey service on both of those cars and neither lasted much over 100,000 miles. Does that prove VW is the BEST car company in the world and Honda and Mazda suck? If I liked a car but I didn't like a dealer or service department, I would find another VW dealer to work with. The dealers do make a lot of income aftermarket and you should not support bad dealers by going to them and grumbling about it, vote with your wallet and find and support the quality dealers.

Jaime

Reply to
Jaime