VW FACTORY RACK-COMPATIBLE W/ THULE BIKE MOUNTS?

I'm thinking of buying a VW factory roof rack for my 01 Jetta. I've heard that the rack is made by Thule, so can I use Thule bike mounts with this?

Also, does any part of the VW rack touch the paint?

Thanks

Reply to
cliffhughes

I'm strongly considering the factory rack because I don't like the way that the Thule load bars extend beyond the towers. But, I like the Thule mounts that allow you to lock your tray to the rack, and then your bike to the tray.

Thanks for the feedback

Reply to
cliffhughes