@#$%% VW going through the window regulators faster than oil

My window regulator failed for the 3rd time... Last time the dealership was supposed to replace both sides with the new design. Now 3 weeks later the window is in the door again. Can VW get anything right at all ? They don't seem to do it with window regs and MAFs for sure.

Reply to
Alex

I find that very odd, more likely you got a dealer problem not doing the repair correctly versus a vw part problem. That's my opinion.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Go to a different dealer. Mine were changed and still work well. At least it's a free fix.

Reply to
Ken Sternberg

REPLACED WINDOW REGULATOR CLIPS

1JE-898-752-F KIT

I'll see if it goes again in 3 weeks.

Reply to
Alex

Thanks for the kudos! I enjoy trying to help everyone out and sometimes you just can't keep all happy, but that's the nature of all. I see it everyday at the dealer level like one I had today. 02 Golf 1.8t in which the owner was complaining of engine RPM fluctuation at mid to upper RPM band. Well the first thing I did was drive the car and noticed immediately that it was seriously chipped because the car would spin the wheels through 1st gear. But 2nd-5th the clutch slipped. Dah, it's not warranty due to your mods! And if we did replace the clutch with a VW unit it still might slip. Good new is if the owner supplies his own performance clutch I have no problem installing it.

The number one overlooked thing I see is the lack of checking the basics!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Don't get me wrong, there is alot I don't like about car dealers like:

Salesmen, Salesmen, Salesmen, Salesmen, Salesmen, Salesmen, Lawyers, Salesmen, Salesmen, Salesmen, Lawyers,Salesmen, Salesmen, etc

TV & radio adds like this:

1- We have a Toyota dealer down the road offering the push, tow, drag $3000 minimum trade and 10 seconds later offering cars for as-little-as $2995. Sound like a deal where one could buy a car and get $5 back! Ya-RIGHT! 2- Or well give you TOP dollar for your car which is above Kelly Blue Book, and in the next statement we sell all our cars under KBB! Now I'm not a math professor but that just doesn't add up, down, or otherwise. 3- Radio & TV adds SCREAMING at you! 4- I purchased my 99 Passat from a Toyota dealer who wanted to dump the car quickly. About 3k under real value. It only had 40,000 miles 3 months ago. Gee, my dealer wasn't happy... but I gave them 6 months to find one for me in my price range. 5- Or the dealers who offer $6000 of list... I just wonder Who's LIST.

Enjoy

Reply to
Woodchuck

So true. Speaking of loud or insulting ads, We have a dealer here in St. Louis who actually started off an ad with a salesman sitting at a desk saying, "What about guaranteed financing don't you understand!" said in a gutter sounding British accent. So insulting! Ha Ha Ha

Reply to
Numan