VW Golf Radio problem

I have a '94 VW Golf.

The battery was replaced so I need to re-enter the radio code.

Here's the catch... I have the code, but the radio's LCD is broken. I am therefor entering numbers blindly. I know that entering the code numbers doesn't correspond to pressing the same number buttons, but I don't remember what buttons to press without being able to see the LCD.

Can anyone tell me the button sequence that enters the code 1350?

That's the actual code, so if you want the radio come and get it... to make it easier, there's no locks (or handles) on the doors :)

thanks,

*moc
Reply to
mike

You forgot to give us the address...

Reply to
Randolph

possibly instructions here

BTW I don't want your radio with a broken LCD! ;-) good luck too! later, dave Reminder........ Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes. Frieda Norris

Reply to
dave

Just wanted to post a follow-up "thanks" to those who responded. I actually managed to get the code in without being able to read the LCD (I was saved by the fact that the lcd would flicker when I hit a button

- I couldn't read it but knew I had held buttons long enough).

For those interested, the link in the previous response also shows how to cancel the electronic lock-up. I'll be doing that next so I won't have to go through this again.

Thanks,

*moc
Reply to
mike

can you please repost how to remove the code. i couldn't find the original reply.

Reply to
ion vaduva

dave