VW Polo 1.4 S Dealemma

a friend runs a 1.4S year 2000 Polo.

He bought it listed as 75HP yet a mechanic has told him its a 100HP

what are the most obvious differentiating points

regs DJ

Reply to
Jeffro Toll

The engine code number....

Reply to
Alec

I thought there would be something more obvious, ie number of valves, injection system etc

Reply to
Jeffro Toll

What could be more obvious......? How were you going to count the valves ?? Let me have the 3 alpha engine code and I can confirm which engine you have. On second thoughts, the data sticker in the handbook or the boot will give you the engine output in KW. Rgds

Reply to
Alec

Aye, ISTR the 100bhp is a 16v, with the 75bhp only being 8v.

Reply to
SteveH

What could be more obvious to some not be to me.............

I don't need to count the valves, it has this detail in the handbook....ie

16V

Data sticker does not state KW and there is no evident sticker in the boot.

Reply to
Jeffro Toll

The AHW is 75hp and the AFK is 100hp both have 16 valves.....

Reply to
Alec