Wanted: good home for my 89 Jetta GL

Hey VW fans:

I am the original owner of an alpine white 1989 Jetta GL, 5sp, with sunroof. It now has 256,000 miles, runs and drives and passes NJ inspection for emissions.

Some of the more serious problems this car has are an idling issue (often stalls when coming to a stop), shift linkage alignment issues (difficult to get into first without going over into the reverse area), AC stopped making cold air, needs rear brakes.

I have impeccable maintenance records since brand new. It's never been hit or repainted. I also have unused new parts (including new ATE rear brake shoes, Bosch fuel filter, etc).

If you have any interest in this car - to drive, for parts, etc. please make an offer. I no longer need it and no one in the area wants to buy a car this old with so many miles. I could donate it, but I know someone out there could make better use of it than that. The car is located in central NJ.

Send me an email to snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or I'll check the message board. Thanks for any interest and happy new year.

Fred

Reply to
airwerk4

I feel your pain... I'm in the same boat.

Tim Wohlford, '89 Golf 245,000 miles

Reply to
Tim Wohlford