washer pump

Hey drivers,

My 89 jetta's windshield washer is giving up the ghost. It sputters occasionally but generally won't put out any fluid. The lines seem clear. I can't find any info on how to change the washer pump out. Is it part of the reservoir assembly, and if not, can I just pop it out of place to r&r it, or do I need some special tool to do it? Any help appreciated -

TIA - Chris

Reply to
starburst

On my 89 Golf, it popped right out. It has a rubber seal, if I remember correctly. I put a new pump in from the stealership for $20-30 or so, including adapting the current pump style's electrical connector to the old style one on the car.

Reply to
ekk

Try it with the hood open. Maybe the tubing gets pinched with the hood closed.

IIRC Yes it will just pop out and in usually.

dave