Washer Pump ??

This question pertains to a '94 Isuzu Rodeo. I tried the isuzu group with no solution.

I replaced the windshield washer pump because it had rusted out. When I put the new one on, it won't pump. The motor works but no fluid moves. I tried switching the wires around but that doesn't work either. This is the pump that mounts on the fluid reservoir.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-Bill

Reply to
DollarBill

one thought...did you blow through the lines to the spray jets to see if the lines are clogged? I've had water deposits clog my jets before. Cleaned 'em out with a small diameter wire (maybe even a small paper clip) and they worked fine. Running window cleaner instead of tap water helps to keep the lines clean. my $.02

Reply to
Bob Truck

I really gotta start thinking of the basics more often. The old pump must have put some rust particles in the lines. I took all of them off, cleaned them up, blew out the jets and voila.

Thanks.

Reply to
DollarBill

lol...just like life!