What engine does my 93-Jetta have?

I bought a 1993 Jetta in Mexico. The intake manifold shows a large 2.0 Ltr,logo on top of it so I assumed it was a 2 liter engine but the engine ID # (found on the block between the 3rd and 4th cylinders )is> ABA006234 and the VIN # is> 1HPM603296. I have been unable to associate the engine number with a Jetta build and the VIN dosnt seem to indicate much information re, place or year of build. Would sure appreciate any help. Thanks

Reply to
dalerbaker

it has the ABA 2.0 L Gasoline engine. (It is fully described in the Golf A3 Bentley)

T.-

"dalerbaker" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

Reply to
Gustavo Arriagada

Thank you Gustavo...Salute

Reply to
dalerbaker

Yep. That 2.0L ABA engine has been in gazillions of Mk3 Golfs and Jettas in the US and Canada.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reasured once again...Thanks

Reply to