What is the best after market Auto Warranty around anyone know?

I am looking to purchase an aftermarket auto warranty for a 1998 VW Jetta TDI and was wondering if anyone know of a good reputable company or where I can at least start ti look????

Reply to
AlanH70

Don't you mean least bad. Best or good is not something I would use for any third party insurance (it is not really a warranty it is an insurance against failures).

They are OK for someone who feels the security they offer is worth the cost. The people selling them try to make you feel they make economic sense, and for almost anyone they don't. They are going to charge you enough to pay the people selling it (often 30-50% of your total cost) plus the cost of expected repairs and profit. Since they are likely to get people who don't take care of their cars, the average cost of repairs of insured cars may well be higher than the overall average. You get to pay the rate for someone who does not take care of their car.

Good Luck

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I have no direct experience with them warranting cars, but when I bought my handheld, I bought an extended warranty from VAC Service Corporation. They have been around for a long time and handle extended warranties for companies which, I believe, have a reputation to maintain. If nothing else it will give you ideas about coverage and costs.

sd

Reply to
sd

Jim B.

Reply to
jimbehning

Viewing extended warranties from the technician's side (I'm a dealership tech), it seems that MBPI seems to cover the most repairs with the least hassle. I bought an MBPI e.w. for my 2000 TDI Jetta, and it has MORE than paid for itself in different repairs, etc.

Reply to
Paul

I have always thought that as well, but my paranoid wife always wants to get the extended warranty on our cars because we drive out of the warranty well before we pay off the car. As a result we got a Wynn's extended warranty (72000 miles) on our 2000 Passat, what they were selling at the dealership.

So far it has paid for replacing a leaking valve cover gasket, new front struts and an upper control arm, and a couple of other items I can't remember offhand. Each time it was $50 deductible. But we've already figured that we got our $1100 or whatever it was for the warranty.

Reply to
Mike K

That right there puts you into the "someone who feels the security they offer is worth the cost." group. There is nothing wrong with that.

Which also means you were lucky to have it and they were not lucky to have sold it to you as it has cost them more than you have paid. But like LosVagas they like to see someone who gets more than they pay in. Big winners are their best advertising. Glad it worked out both ways for you.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

A good mechanic is the best aftermarket warrantee out there.

Reply to
Mikhael47