2003 Jetta GLS Flutter/Tapping Noise

Hi All - Just leased a brand new 2003 Jetta GLS, 5-speed, 2.0 L, after taking advantage of an early return offer from VW America to bring back my

2001 GLS, 5-speed, 2.0L .. excusing my financial responsibility for the last 10 lease payments. I loved my 2001, but hated that I had 31k miles and the warranty expired at 24k. I now have the better warranty, a newer car and I thought, a better car; however, .. the 2 cars sound VERY different. It is difficult for me to pinpoint, since I've only had the car for 10 days, and 5 of which it has spent at Cresmont VW in Pompton Plains, NJ. As discussed in 2 other postings in this group, when accelerating there is a fluttering/tapping coming from the undercarriage which this dealer claims is "normal." According to all the diagnostic tests which they say they ran, the car is up to spec and there are no problems -- but I don't think so! Once I reach the higher gears and I'm cruising the noise seems to dissipate. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. S.R.

reply to: snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
SR