Boge Pro Gas struts/shocks

I've got a set of Sofsport springs to go on the 81 rabbit convertible. I figured I might as well change out the struts/shocks while I'm in there. Is anyone running the Boge Pro Gas struts/shocks? The sound like a cheaper alternative to the Bilsteins.

Thanks for any input

Reply to
sehaare

Apparently Bilstein has a new line of struts, I think they're called Touring or something. Around $50 each, I think. Not sure if they have any for A1s, though.

Bill snipped-for-privacy@cvm.msstate.edu

78 Rabbit...10/77 - 4/02 82 Convertibles(s)...since 93 95 Golf GL...since 11/99 02 Passat 1.8T Tip GLS...since 4/02 (Remove the CAT to email me)
Reply to
William Maslin

There were some threads in the past where there were some complaints about the longevity and initial quality of the boge's but it sounds like they've fixed whatever problems they were having. I've heard good and bad about them but mainly I understand that you won't go wrong with them. People go with them because they're a good cost/performance value. I'm happy with my bilstein sports - excellent quality and work great with the h&r springs and sp8000's. But they're almost twice as much as the boge's. I hate spending the money and doing the work and then wishing I would've spent just a bit more for what I really wanted so I went with the bilsteins this time.

Reply to
John Rutledge

Jim B.

Reply to