Will a 190 mm friction disk fit into a VW Fox?

Working with what is at hand I wonder if the items in the subject line will fit, spline wise?

TBerk

?
Reply to
Woodchuck

What is this 190mm disc off of? If it does fit the input shaft of the trans and you can install it...but if it only works for a short period of time you want to do this job again???? Change the pilot bearing also and a new pressure plate (Clutch Cover) is good to install too. The pressure plates seem to get rusty and stiff to use which makes the clutch pedal hard to press down and puts added stress on the cable. JMHO

later, dave (One out of many Daves)

Reply to
dave

I have a friction disk ordered some time back that turned out to be a

190 mm. It fit's older VW Rabbits. My question is whether the disk will fit a VW Fox of not, even though I already know the 'proper' size for the Fox is 210 mm.

TBerk

Woodchuck

Different diameter splines and it will not fit correctly on the transmission input shaft. :-( So buy the correct one! ;-) But really it won't fit. The VW Fox clutch disc should have the same spline diameter as the air cooled Beetles and that 190mm Rabbit clutch disc spline diameter will be much larger in width.

later, dave (One out of many daves)

later, dave (One out of many Daves)

Reply to
dave

Woodchuck, you're not quite looking at it in the proper light, which is my fault for (purposely) not providing motivational reasons for doing the wrong thing.

But Thx anyway.

TBerk