WIRES!!!

I bought a golf gl Mk2 1987 and Ive been trying to get it going like crazy lately. There are a couple wires that are unplugged, therefor leaving me to the conclusion that the engine is not stock. There is one slightly thicker then all the rest GREEN wire that has a yellow tip with 1 prong. There is also a plug that that has inserts for 5 prongs, all listed 1 2 3 4 5, but only wires and connectors to 3 of them it resembles some what a round electric . Also there is only 2 wires going to the coil a yellow and a green, but in my manual it shows 4 or 5 (kind of hard to see with the black and white blurry diagrams).

Reply to
the_lower_class_brat

The schematic I have for a 86 golf shows only two wires plus the high tension one , a 18 guage Yellow ( which goes to the ignition switch ) and a 18 guage Green/black stripe ( goes to the ign. con. mod.) So yours sounds correct ,right? It is common for unused wiring to be found because over the long run it's cheaper to included some unused wires in a harness than to have several harnesses made. Options .

Either pull the injectors and put each in a container of its own and check fuel spray for each injector while running the starter, or get a guage to check fuel pressure on the rail. I think you have either blocked fuel filter or other blocked fuel line....OR one of youTWO fuel pumps it's working correctly. HMMM how about that! the one pump in the tank is controled by the same wire as the fuel gauge. Happy Spring..

Reply to
samstone

a word correction.. * one of your two fuel pumps ISN'T working correctly*

Reply to
samstone