Wrong Odometer Reading On Carfax Report?

I'm buying a used car from a guy. His pics show the odometer to be at

9000 miles. The Carfax report says the mileage is 14, 327. Something is

not right. This guy says that Carfax does not know his mileage but is estimating based on his lease agreement of 12,000 miles per year. Does this sound right?

Reply to
grifty

Both value seems insignificant to me because neither mileage figure is all that much. I would be much more concerned about the actual condition of the vehicle. If you are looking on Ebay or some other online service for a car, don't make any commitment unless you can personally see it first. After all, if the guy is lying about one thing, what else might he be lying about?

Reply to
Papa

i'd believe carfax first. while carfax isn't perfect, it usually only fails by omission and/or lack of information that its reporting sources don't have and not by reporting inaccurate data.

Reply to
Matt B.

Reply to
none2u