WTB jetta diesel automatic

Hi there

I am looking for a jetta diesel automatic. Budget for car is $7k tops.

thanks, Kerry PS I am in Lexington, Kentucky...would travel for a good one

Reply to
Kerry Boytzun

Hm, how did VW manage to sell the Jetta in the US? In Germany everybody considers this car to be for senior citizens and so I believe the Bora was introduced. Still pretty shabby but without the negative feelings that come with the name Jetta.

~T.

"Kerry Boytzun" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:P8u4f.251605$084.103810@attbi_s22...

Reply to
Thomas Adams

The Bora is the Canadian name for Jetta

Reply to
malcolmm

I must be missing something here. Last I checked this was a newsgroup for VW watercooled and Jettas are in that catagory. So I want to purchase one...

Interesting that Bora is Canadian for Jetta. I live in the US and am from Edmonton, Alberta, but I didn't know that history.

Reply to
Kerry Boytzun

Someone forgot to tell VW Canada about that - it's been the Jetta here as long as it's been available. "Bora" is being used in Europe, but it's never been used in Canada.

Tom

-=-=- ... We should build the simplest working thing that could possibly be maintainable.

Reply to
Thomas Koschate

Try Ebay or the VWVortex forum at

Papa

Bullshit. The Jetta has been called the Jetta here (in Canada) since the first one showed up 25 years ago, and still is. Bora and Vento were names that got slapped on European Jettas. Get your facts straight!

Reply to
Al Rudderham

Try TDIclub.com. There is a section for listing TDI's for sale or where you can post your interest.

John

Reply to
JEB

thanks for all advice. I had a friend in Canada who owned a Jetta and it was called Jetta...for the record. good car it was.

I owned a sirrocco (spelling?) that was very nice and I had many VW Beetles

1968.
Reply to
Kerry Boytzun