Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2006 Jetta xenon headlight problem
Just bought a Jetta 1.9 TDi, and everything is going well with it, except that... There seems to be a gap between where the low beams light up the road and here the high beams take over. It's not a...
17
17

97 golf rear brakes
Anybody have a line on conversion kits to change drum brakes to discs. A couple of years a go I found info for converting my Subaru, and want to try my golf. Thanks
1
1

92 Jetta. Might purchase. What to look out for???
Maybe my first VW. Looking at a 92 Jetta GL. 225k. Manual. Gas. Busted door handle. Leaky sunroof. Haven't driven yet. Any basic or recurring engine/tranny/critical probs to look listen for as I give...
20
20

1995 MKIII VW Golf Jetta Sunroof problem
Hi, It seems the sunroof is a common problem in the MK3-MKIII VWs. I'm a novice when it comes to DYI repairs, but I've got various tools and manuals and such. But here's the problem: The roof will...
5
5

2008 Jetta TDI Introduced
Finally, it looks like the USA will be getting a common rail TDI:
1
1

Shock and strut sources?
What are your favorite sources on-line for shocks and struts for VWs? They're $90 per corner at my local dealer for the OEM parts, time to do some shopping around. Thanks.
15
15

Transport your VW!
We can get your VW moved quick and easy! Get Quotes from our website :

Auto transmission ignores the redline?
I have an '02 Passat wagon with the 1.8T engine and automatic transmission. This AM I had to do a full-throttle merge onto a freeway. I happened to glance at the tach and noticed that I was well...

2003 Jetta Overheat Problem..Advice needed!!
Hello all! I have a 2003 Jetta with 2.0l engine (62k miles) that is overheating. Here are the symptoms: 1. Fan does work and will come on at 190 degrees or a little higher. 2. Top radiator hose gets...
11
11

94 golf rough idle questions
Hi all, A few more questions surrounding my VW Golf, that I've been meaning to bring here for a month or so but haven't yet... until now! :) I don't know too much about the history of the car, have...
2
2

94 Golf Odomoter just went to 000
Hi folks, I have a 94 Golf, purchased in March of this year with relatively high kms... generally runs great, a few items to be addressed in the near future but a strong engine and great car. Anyway,...
7
7

1990 Carat digifant- yellow substance in ECV
I was changing the valve cover gasket on my 90 Carat digifant and when replacing the ECV into the valve cover, I noticed a few drops of water starting to drip out of the ECV (and into the engine...)...
3
3

1984 Rabbit GTI Replacing Lower Control Arm ?
HI I have a 1984 Rabbit GTI with about 350k miles!!! The drivers side control arm rear bushing is cracked and torn. When I drive very slow ( 0-5 mph) like rolling up a driveway from the street where...
4
4

1998 Passat, Oil Pressure Light When Hovering at 1600 RPM
I have a 1998 Passat GLX with the 2.8 V6 and a 5-speed trans. It has 83K miles and has had all regular and preventive maintenance performed religiously. Recently, I've had the oil light come on...
15
15

'94 Jetta GL III
Hello All, I have a seatbelt question. The belts in my '94 Jetta are those connected to the door, totally bad idea type. Has anyone ever ripped these out and replaced them with normal belts? Any...
4
4