'02 2500HD driver's window scraping noises . . .

As I understand it, the winders in the '02 2500HDs go up and down using a cable system. Is this correct? What is involved in replacing them? I have not pulled the door panel yet for a visual of the issue, but it is making a
noise much like gravel is in a track scraping and grinding with each window up and down. My guess is the cables, if that is the function, are fraying.
they are pretty easy to change/ door panel has two screws one at the handel area and the other behind the inside lock cover/cover removes with a small screw driver/just pry gently.. after screws removed lift up on panel,also remove forword cover near mirror/1st check the inside window rubber seal down inside the upper part of door/lower the window and look down inside it will be folded down they cause alot of noise issues, they can be relaced cheaply/they just pull right out no screws
Thanks for the note back. I hope to check this soon now that the weather is warmer!

thats considered norml for the cable winch system they are experimenting with this decade......to replace anything on the system you buy the regulator w/motor.........pull off door panel and isolate it to which pulley is screwed this time, lubriplate the hell out of the cable and pulley axle till next time you have it apart............kjun
--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention