Driver's power window stopped working

I have a 1999 Grand Am V6 3400. The driver's side window has stopped working. The passenger window is still in good working order. Is this a Circuit Breaker issue or something else?

Reply to
L C via CarKB.com

Unfortunately, it pretty normal. Probably burned out motor.

Reply to
« Paul =?is

Use a multimeter to check the switch.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Same just happened to our 00 GP. The window just slid down on its own and would not go back up, could hear the motor though. Anyway the only reason I'm posting about this is because it cost $450 to fix (at a close-by Buick/Cad dealership)! Luckily we had a $100 deductible on an extended warranty which took care of the re$t.

Reply to
Markeau

Sounds like what happened to the left rear window on my '01 GP a few weeks ago. Was driving along and window slid down a few inches. Pressed the switch to put it back up and heard a loud snap.

Pulled off the road, pulled window up and wedged a piece of paper between the glass and rubber seal.

*I guess it's time to put a few bungee cords in the trunk?*
Reply to
TJ 727

Probably the motor, My passenger went bad 2 years ago, now the drivers side went out. 97 3.1

Reply to
Lil Rascal