03' GMC 1500HD Crew Cab Un-level (off topic)

Just purchased a 03' 1500 HD Crew 2w/d. Any suggustions on how to raise the front close to level to the rear end? This truck is definatly nose heavy compared to my two previous K1500's.

Haul something. The do that so when its loaded its level instead of low in the back.

the
duh, 2wd vs K(4wd). 2wd will have less nose weight

the
I think you read the note backwards,plus the fact that there's nothing above the suspension that makes one truck heavier than the other except a different engine size,and that is generally compensated for with stiffer suspension.....Ed

Yes, a 2wd is inheritly lower than a 4wd. Isn't that what your complaining about? Your previous 4wd set higher because it required a higher ride height for the front transaxle.

raise
heavy
Just add the Ford keys to the torsion bars, that will level her right up. You will of course need to line it up afterward.
Bush
On 03 Aug 2003 01:21:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (USFSIG) wrote:

do you have a part number for the "ford keys" and is there a corresponding one for 3/4 ton trucks. Is the 1/2 ton and the 3/4 ton hex part on the torsion bars the same size?
I know but I was replying to "bush

K1500. I

rear
like I

This may be a stupid question, but what is a "Ford key"??

This seems like the perfect opportunity to submit a smart a$$ answer, but I'm curious, too. :-)
Dave
I am glad I am not the only one who is wondering what a 'ford key' is. Anyone with an answer out there? Will these ford keys raise my front end to 'level' the tuck out?
Thanks. GM owner wondering what the hell ford keys are.
Don't bother wondering they will not work on a GM. Entirely different suspension. About the only way to level it out without losing payload or towing capacity is new rear springs with less arch. Or if you don't haul or tow anything you could use blocks if the springs are under the axle.
--
Fort Plain NY