04 Silverado 4x4 k1500 wt DRL not working

My 2004 Silverado has a problem. The DRL do not work and headlights stay on. I have checked wiring, relays, and fuses all seem ok. Anyone have any IDEAS.

I have a 2005 GMC Sierra, but it should be identical for this reason.
There is a light sensor on the dash near the windshield just right of center. Its purpose is to turn the headlights on & the DRLs off when it gets dark. Perhaps the sensor or the wiring has failed. The sensor might also be dirty. Try cleaning it.
I also found one time one of my kids had placed a kids book on the dash blocking the sensor. This kept the headlights on until I realized what happened.
David
Double check that your parking brake is fully RELEASED.