2" rear block lift only on 2003 2wd chevy 2wd s10 blazer ???

I want to lift the rear of my truck - mostly for astetics, like the way she looks with her butt up a little, but mostly don't like the it looks with any weight, like she's dragging.
Considering one of those Rough Country Lift Block Kits - they are really affordable and look easy to self install. http://us.shop.com/cc.amos?main talog&pcdW43552&adtg300436&GA=1#description
Questions:
Will this block lift affect the ride in any way, what about the shocks, what happens why you extend two inches forcing a new section to take the brunt?
Regarding installation, easy do it yourself job? Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help or information.
Following up on my own question. Will the stock 2wd rear shocks be long up enough for a 2" rear lift?
It also does appear that Tough Country makes a block lift for the s-10 2wd blazer - not sure why.
The truck's rear uses springs (not coils).. What about the following Warrior 1.5" spring shackle product
http://www.tellico4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_offroad/6360
1-1/2" Rear Lift Shackles For Chevy $34.95
Will the stock shocks be long enough with this product? Will the ride be noticably tighter? Long term effects on the suspension/truck.
Thanks.
Piece of cake bro........ If it doesn't come with longer u-bolts.....get them You wont need to shim the angle cause it under 4" of lift. Maybe you should consider a add a leaf kit instead of blocks, it would supplement the load carrying capacity while lifting the ass end and they are safer than blocks.
--
Mad Dog

< snipped-for-privacy@cyberpine.com> wrote in message
Isn't the rear of an S10 ABOVE the leafs? adding a block will lower it. On my 87 I added blocks to lower it level with the V8 installed.

Good point, I was assuming he had done a spring-over
--
Mad Dog

"StyxNStones" < snipped-for-privacy@times.com> wrote in message
Yes its spring (not coil). How about shackles like these:
http://www.tellico4x4.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_offroad/6360
Good idea? Will the 2" lift seriously impact the ride/ stock shocks (2003 s10 blazer 2wd) ? Today I think the back end is all over the place anyways.
Thanks.
When i said "spring-over" i meant locating the axle under the springs which would lift the truck w/o changing springs but you must cut the spring perches off the bottom of the axle housing and weld them on top.
4" of shackle length will lift the truck 2" Shackle length versus lift is a 2:1 ratio
I don't like shackles because they allow lateral axle movement.
It's your call boo, do it like ya wanna........!
--
Mad Dog

< snipped-for-privacy@cyberpine.com> wrote in message
Good info Mad .. True newbie here and looking for some info like this help make desicion. In terms of lateral movement, whats the risk? and are shackles any worse than blocks?
Also, how can these guys claim max lift of 2" on a 1.5" product?
BTW, I wont be doing any real offroading with this truck, but will be towing a 20 foot cruiser.
thanks again.
I 'm thinking that blocks are out of the question because as "Styx" pointed out your axle is above the springs so blocks will lower the vehicle. The thought of towing a 20' cruiser with extended shackles gives me heartburn. You should seriously consider beefing the leafs or installing air-bags.
--
Mad Dog

< snipped-for-privacy@cyberpine.com> wrote in message
DING DING!! Air bags--- the best way to go. And not too pricey, either. Plus you can "remove" them when you don't need them <drop the pressure to just a pound or two>
You can get them from JCW for about $150 or so.