1987 chevy pkup 2wd

Bummer !

I'm not sure what a emc fuse is....but I'm glad my 93 and 99 don't have one.

Skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Probaly a typo and was meant to say ECM (engine computer module). If that fuse in blowing you would tend to suspect a bad ECM first.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Hilarious...

(E)ngine (C)ontrol (M)odule.

Only if he's an idiot.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

this is a different way for me to get information. I asked this question earlier, Iguess I'll ask it again. On my 1987 chevy pickup,which is a 2wd with a 305c.i. engine the ecm fuse keeps blowing. Anybody out therethat can offer some advice on this I would be grateful.

Reply to
stud

Hey Stud...my plan wasn't to offend you. I was merely trolling for abominable snomen. And as you can see from cuda's response, I landed a tournament class. (If not, a state record.)

I can't help you with your fuse problem. If I could, I would.

Skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Neil, You and I could go into bizness on this.

Skimmer

Reply to
News Skimmer

Wow!!! ONE mistake and everybody else points. EMC,ECM, fuse.... anyway. Not being able to spend time tracing the problem, [would not start] I [ jerry rigged]the fuel pump direct. a feed off of the the power wire going to the dome light. Truck runs great, but no fuel gage, seems to use twice the amount of gasoline. Anybody know whats the best remedy. I have time to wait because its too cold for me to tackle this right now. Hey,maybe some wire or tape. I appreciate any suggestions. [with in reason]. You know answeres you like to hear if you needed it. thankyou all studdlyhardbuns.........

Reply to
stud

Not pointing out -your- mistake, pointing out the mistake(s) by our (ah-hem) resident ex-spurt.

Direct as in; no fuse, no switch?

The best remedy is to locate and repair whatever is/was causing the fuse to blow. It appears that you have culled the fuel pump circuit from that which the factory installed and in doing so, the ECM fuse no longer blows. That suggests that there is a short circuit somewhere in the fuel pump circuit. Could be a pinched wire anywhere along the OE run, could be the wiring in the tank is frayed and frazzled. There is no silver bullet on a repair like this, all one can do is proceed with the tedious task of examining every possible location where a problem could occur. A wiring diagram is a must.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thank you aarcuda. Your advice is pretty much what everybody at work told me. I guess I was hoping for a quick solution. [ like a bandaid for a heartattack] Soon as snow melts and lake opens it will be time to crawl under truck. thanks again cuda................ stud

Reply to
stud