2000 Blazer 4dr 2WD

Hi, our Blazer started to make a sloshing noise when I turn a corner or accelerate hard. It sounds like it is coming from behind the glove box. I checked the AC drain and it is draining ok. I also checked the antifreeze, it is still full and no wet spot on the carpet. Any ideas before I start disassembling things?

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
mrswans

Backflush the heater core.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

What is the procedure to backflush the heater core?

Thanks

Reply to
mrswans

Remove the heater hoses from both ends of the heater core, then hit the core tubes with a garden hose. Can't remember offhand which line is which, but basically you want to flush with a garden hose in the opposite direction that coolant normally travels.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

Got it figured out, it was the radiator cap. I'm going to go ahead and flush and refill the coolant also. Does the radiator drain plug take a special tool. The drain plug is plastic and looks like an anti-theft screw end, not a thumbscrew end.

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mrswans

Mike,

It looks kinda funky but it's just your stardard petcock. It should come loose with just your hands on it. If the coolant is draining really slow thru the drain hose run a screwdriver up into it to loosen up the junk that might be slowing it down. I've found they have a tendency to collect junk up in there................

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"