2000 chevy blazer transmission ?

ive lost reverse but, i still have first second and third....i replaced the filter but, still no reverse what can i do and what can i expect? :cry: ...actually, with first gear, it winds out for longer
then it should....and reverse doesnt do anything at all except alottawhinning.....
Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/2000-chevy-blazer-transmission-ftopict248745.html
✖
Tran has to come out, the hub spline is probably stripped , common issue.

✖
Shep wrote:

Sounds like the sun shell carrier went POP. BTDT a couple times.
--
Steve W.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sep 4, 3:06 pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Yeah your sun shell is junk. Your going from 1st to 3rd and you probably have no 4th gear either. So your missing 2nd, 4th, Reverse. I just replaced mine on my 2000 Blazer and you have to take the transmission out, replace the sun shell inside the transmission then put the transmission back in. The part is about $50 but It took about 15hrs all said and done to complete this myself with a buddy. A transmission shop gets between $1700-$2000. Good luck
Add pictures here
✖