2000 Silverado Fuel FIlter

Hey all,

I have to change the fuel filter on my 2000 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3l. According to my Haynes manual it's on the frame rail near the tank on passenger side. Is this a DIYer project? It looks pretty simple and straight forward so are there any pitfalls that I should look for? I have done many a fuel filter on older vehicles, but never one not under the hood.

TIA, Derek

Reply to
derek
2000 Silverado Fuel FIlter Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Fri, Nov 7, 2003, 9:08pm (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com (derek) Hey all, I have to change the fuel filter on my 2000 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3l. According to my Haynes manual it's on the frame rail near the tank on passenger side. Is this a DIYer project? It looks pretty simple and straight forward so are there any pitfalls that I should look for? I have done many a fuel filter on older vehicles, but never one not under the hood. TIA, Derek

Its real imple just be carefull when you undo the first line and the pressure releases....It will spray a little bit...But other than that its a no brainer.... Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook

Thanks Steve. I am off to get a filter and will repost when I am finished. Thanks again,

Derek

Reply to
derek

There is a pressure relief valve located on the throttle body assembly. Just relieve the pressure and you won't have any spray when you remove the fuel filter. I have the same truck and it was very easy to change and I didn't spill any gas in the process...

PS. The Haynes manual shows the pressure relief valve location

-Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Steve,

$110 to have done at the dealer. I spent $12 on a NAPA gold FF and it is definitely retard work. BTW, it's on the drivers side, inner frame rail right in the middle of front/rear tire.

Derek

Reply to
derek
2000 Silverado Fuel FIlter Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Fri, Nov 7, 2003, 9:08pm (CST-2) From: snipped-for-privacy@socal.rr.com (derek) Hey all, I have to change the fuel filter on my 2000 Silverado 1500 Z71 5.3l. According to my Haynes manual it's on the frame rail near the tank on passenger side. Is this a DIYer project? It looks pretty simple and straight forward so are there any pitfalls that I should look for? I have done many a fuel filter on older vehicles, but never one not under the hood. TIA, Derek Its real imple just be carefull when you undo the first line and the pressure releases....It will spray a little bit...But other than that its a no brainer.... Steve C Steve, $110 to have done at the dealer. I spent $12 on a NAPA gold FF and it is definitely retard work. BTW, it's on the drivers side, inner frame rail right in the middle of front/rear tire. Derek

yep Steve C

Reply to
Steve Cook