2002 silverado fuses

I went through the manual and checked many possible fuses but cannot track down my problem. All dash lights are out but will turn on with dome light. Also my underhood light does not work. Which fuses do I change. Thanks

It sounds like your dimmer control for your dash lights is set all the way down. When I set mine all the way down ('04 2500HD) the dash lights will still come back on when the dome light comes on.
If your dimmer isn't set all the way down, then it could be a faulty dimmer switch. I don't know about your under-hood light, but that could be just a bad bulb or dirt in the bulb socket.
Cheers - Jonathan

habbi wrote:

Don't know about your dash lights, but try giving the underhood light a smack. GM uses a very stupid mechanical weight that slides inside the light assembly to turn the light on. It usually ends up sticking after awhile. I suppose the old mercury switches are banned these days. If you carefully take the light apart, you can see how it works and perhaps lube it up a bit. Personally, I've never done that...we just replace the assembly.
Ian
thanks