2002 Tahoe LT, Swapping in Bose sound system, is it possible?

I have a 2002 Tahoe LT without the Bose sound system. The present factory system is the indash CD with remote Tape. I would like to change this to the 2002 (Yukon and Escalade) Indash tape with remote 6 disc changer badged as a Bose system. I know it was an option in 2002, but I don't know if the existing non-Bose wiring will work with it?

If anyone has swapped one of these out, or knows if I can change the system to the bose head unit with remote changer, I would appreciate any information you can share. I would hope that it would be a matter of installing only the head unit and console mounted changer.

-Ted

Reply to
Ted Grevers

I don't profess to know a great deal about car stereos but I have many friends that do. I have heard them talk before about the difficulty of mixing bose components with other brands. Apparently bose systems run on only 1 ohm and most of their speakers are individually amplified. Before you get too serious about swapping out your head unit you will want to make sure you won't have to replace all your speakers as well.

-Ledfoot

Reply to
Ledfoot

you dont want that bose system Go to a car stereo store and get far better for far less and it will even look better,

Reply to
Im Right