2006 and 7 Trailblazer SS In the Snow?

How well does a stock TB SS do in about a foot of snow? This winter I was basically stuck and had to rely on rides from other people... At one point I borrowed Dad's ML430 to pull somebody else's car out of
the snow. It worked. But I wouldn't mind being able to do that! What batter way than to have a massive 6.0L... But No noticed the SS is somewhat low to the ground. So how does it do in decent amounts of snow?

No expert here, but the lower your ground clearance for both axle and bumper the more your going to push/ plow the snow infront of you and not go thru it. If your going to be going thru that kind of snow I would recomend either a small lift or an old beater 4x4 for winter use in the deep snow.

I tend to agree plus the very limited wheel wheel clearance is not a plus here either because it can clog up with snow and ice easily. There is more to 4x4 drive performance in deep snow than just applying power to all four wheels. I would suggest you consider other vehicles with more clearnce under them and in wheel wells of you want best possible performance. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
Plus the wide tires act like skis and do not dig in, in the snow.

-

I strongly agree with this!! ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

I now understand.
I'll look at a used Durango with the 5.3 - probably a 2003model. Or just keep bumming rides off people when it gets too deep and save up for a house!

Good idea (about house) Focus on stock sized tires with a grippy tread and stay away from vehicle with wide oversized tires if you want it to go in snow. A old Jeep Cherokee (1984 to 2001) with 4x4 drive is a good snow vehicle with proper tires. If you get one of those cheap you could keep it around for the bad days if it is cheap enough and does not need to be a daily driver. (those old Cherokees are very sturdy too) ----------------- TheSnoMan.com
I know someone with a '06 who lives in a lake effect snow area (Adirondacks). He says he gets around with no problem with his.
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 11:39:41 GMT, "Repairman"

I have seen them stuck in heavy wet snow because the have low ground clearance and if snow is deep and wet it will bury it. It is a "pleasure" 4x4 at most. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com

too bad they don't make it higher up with respectable wheels. Is there a version of the TB with that 6.0 and a higher lift? Perhaps in the GMC line? Don't say Escalade...

the trailblazer is a smaller suv, the larger one with the ground clearance is the suburban and yukon, the trailblazer is not meant for real off roading, its meant for moderatly slipery surfaces like dirt and snow that isnt very deep. why not just save gas using ur little suv and get an older bigger 4x4 for the more serious times.

Good advise. ----------------- TheSnoMan.com